Tuesday 28 August 2012

DIY - Jean's to Short's

Hello everyone, so in my last post I was showing my love towards a good pair of shorts, and in this post I am going to show you how I did it myself, however i'm not going to be dying or studding them as I havn't yet recieved any of those goodies I have ordered so that will come in a later post, but just for this pair they will be your basic, folded up Levi shorts.

Step 1 - Gather your item or materials, and a good pair of scissors.


So, for the first step you will obviously need to gather your jeans, it's good if your jeans are tough, or otherwise they may not cut how you want them too. Then also make sure your using a good pair of scissors that can actually cut through this strong material.

Step 2 - Cut them to your preferred length

Sorry for the blurred images.
So, after you have gathered your jeans and scissors, you will then need to decide whether you want the bottoms folded or un-folded, but I am going to fold mine so I ain't going to cut them too short. I find it helpful watching YouTube video's on this type of DIY and then you will feel comfortable with which lengths your cutting. As you can see from the image I have left mine long enough for me to then fold the bottoms, also if your leaving your shorts without a folded bottoms make sure you cut them a little more straighter than mine, but if your folding them it doesn't matter.

Step 3 - Grab your cotton and start stitching!


So when you have folded your jean shorts, you then need to grab some cotton, a colour that is prefferably the nearest colour to your jeans, but as you can see my cotton isn't exactly the same colour, but as it was my first time doing a DIY like this I decided to just go for the lighter colour and you can hardly even notice. When you have your cotton stitch each sides and also the middle to stop the folded piece falling down.

Step 4 - Iron them





Next, it is best to iron the stitching down as heat will make it more stable and there's less chance of a disaster.

Step 5 ? oh wait there ready!


So as you can see I have my end result, and the odd colour stitching didn't turn out too bad, which is great! and I have made myself some Levi shorts, from my mums old Levi jeans, better not let them go to waste. In a while I may upload a new post with the same sort of DIY but including some studding and dying.

Jordane x

No comments:

Post a Comment