Tuesday 17 September 2013

"because life is about taking chances"

I thought I would dedicate this post to telling you all about my photography, and the way in which I am involved with photography. So from a couple of the last posts which I have posted you've probably noticed that I've mentioned a little bit about wanting to become a fashion photographer as a future career of mine. Ever since I can remember I have been taking photos of everything, from friends, to myself (selfies in the mirror). However since I started my college course in A-Level Photography I have been obsessed, all I want to do is set up and organise photo-shoots, get all the different aspects prepared and then just shoot. But obviously there is a lot you have to do before you can get to the stage of doing that and jumping right in. At first when I did just start doing it, I thought it would be easy to become a photographer, but then the more and more I researched, the more I came to realise that it's going to be a complete struggle and there's going to be several obstacles in my way of doing what I want to achieve.

I have had a lot of ifs and buts in which way I want my life at the moment and the next couple of years to go in. I can choose to go to university or I can choose to do several work experience and internships, or just become a freelancer, but they all sound so simple and easy when really they are the hardest to do, except university, but that just lends you in a lot of debt. I have had thoughts saying to me its impossible to become a photographer, just get a full time job as a receptionist etc. But I can't listen to those thoughts because the thought of throwing everything I want to achieve away is heart breaking and there's nothing to strive for. So I am going to try and keep going up and up and see where is lands me, because life is about taking chances and seeing where it will take you. I haven't got the motivation for things like eating healthy and keeping up with exercise but what I do know is that I don't want to see myself give up on trying to achieve my goal. The point of me writing this post is to let you know about what I am thriving for and to just tell you never give up on your dreams, because although some dreams are very unrealistic, some can come true, you just need to take all the opportunities and chances you can take to get you that one step further.

"never give up"
-Jordane Davis
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment