Sunday 15 September 2013

"with some minimal but classic creations"

I've been skimming the Daily Mail Online showbiz and Femail sections as I do every day to catch up with the latest gossip and celebrities. But at the moment I am drawn to the London Fashion Week posts, just because I'm not there doesn't mean I can't check up on it. Unfortunately the weather is dreary and the skies are grey but what's going on outside is totally different to the amazing, vibrant fashion shows inside, and they are some beautiful clothes on the runways. In the past I always use to look at the runway outfits and wonder whether people actually wear them because they are truly the most weirdest creations I have ever seen. But this years Fashion Week I have taken a little more interest to the clothes being showcased rather than the street style and there are actually some lovely creations. Designers Mulberry, House of Holland, John Rocha and PPQ, have all stood out to me the most, with some minimal but classic creations, to some beautiful red carpet worthy dresses. Look on for images showing my favourite pieces from each designer.

Striking: A beautifully tailored short suitElegant: A chic dress embellished with matte paillettes
 
Mulberry
 
 
Riviera: Koma's sculptural aesthetic was lent elegance by cool cobalt stripesPretty: A sculptural cornflower blue and white creation by David Koma

John Rocha

Highlight: Holland's tailoring has become one of his strengthsBright spark: As is his wont, Holland's collection included a rainbow of eye-catching hues

House of Holland

Glamorous: This gown practically demands a red carpetStriking: Starlet scarlet reappeared time and time again

PPQ

No comments:

Post a Comment